GET READY – WE ARE OPENING OUR DOORS SOON!
Good news! Feet First can begin opening its doors again. I am sure many of you are needing treatment.
The College of Podiatry has provided guidance on reopening independent clinics for face-to-face appointments using a ‘traffic light’ system to determine who can be treated now. This will be adapted as the Covid 19 situation changes.
- Red – Category 1: Acute Conditions/limb threatening.
- Amber – Category 2: Debilitating or life affecting Conditions.
- Green – Category 3: Mild Conditions.
Those who fall into the red or amber categories can receive face to face treatment now. Many of you will fall into these two categories.
Patients who fall into the ‘green’ category, with milder conditions are unable to access treatment at this time, unless their condition is likely to deteriorate. If you are unsure, then please do not hesitate to contact the clinic.
If you are interested, have a look at the College of Podiatry online link for guidance: College of Podiatry Guidance. Please contact the clinic if in doubt.
I intend to open the clinic for treatments 3 days a week on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays initially to see what the uptake is. The Shoe shop is still closed until further notice.
We take the safety of our staff and patients very seriously. We have implemented a range of best practice COVID-Safe protocols for our clinic to reduce any risk of exposure or further spread. The clinic will undergo a deep clean prior to opening. In addition:-
- Contact areas in the treatment rooms will be wiped down after every patient with a recommended product.
- Hand hygiene will be maintained.
- Contact areas in the reception will be cleaned regularly and alcohol hand gel will be provided for use by patients and staff.
- The staff will wear the recommended PPE gear.
- Appointments will be spread out to avoid overlap and reduce contact.
Prior to reopening on the 1st June, Reception will be available to take telephone bookings on:
- Tuesday 26th May, 9.30am-12.30pm
- Wednesday 27th May 11am-3pm
- Thursday 28th May 9.30am-12.30pm
At all other times, please leave a message on the answer phone and I will contact you. Please note that I will be the only member of staff in until further notice so please be patient as I try to juggle reception and treatments. Sue is shielding and will not be available on Tuesdays for some time. The first day of appointments will be Monday 1st June.
If you have a particular problem or need treatment as soon as possible, please contact the clinic and leave a message on the answer machine on 01844 261023 or email us at [email protected].
Sadly, I have had to increase my prices more than I usually do at the beginning of a new financial year and unfortunately, I can no longer offer a reduced price on Tuesdays nor a reduced toenail cutting on Fridays. The price of a routine appointment for existing patients is now £50.00. Please refer to the schedule of fees on the website for all prices.
It would help greatly if you would adhere to the following procedure when booking and during your appointment.
- Payment will be taken at the time of making the appointment as far as is possible.
- Please arrive on time, don’t come early as we will only allow one person waiting in the reception at a time.
- If at all possible, please do not bring anyone else to your appointment. We understand that there will be times when this is not feasible.
- Please wear a mask, if you have one.
- Try not to touch doors or door handles unless absolutely necessary.
- On entering the clinic, please wash your hands in the basin in the loo opposite the stairs before entering the reception.
- When paying with the card machine for additional products or services, we accept contactless but if the keypad is touched, please use the hand sanitiser provided in reception afterwards.
Please do not make an appointment if:
- You have travelled to the UK from another country in the past 14 days
- You are a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19, and have not recovered
- You are being tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting the result
- You have been in close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19, or with someone that is being tested for COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- You have and cold or flu type symptoms e.g. cough, fever, sneezy/runny nose, shortness of breath, sore throat, or loss of sense of smell or skin rash.
- you have been advised to self-isolate for any other reason.
- you live with someone that is self-isolating for any reason, or is sick with any of the above cold/flu symptoms.
We would like to thank our clients for their support over the past 8 weeks and look forward to taking care of your feet again.
To make a booking give us a call on 01844 261023 or email [email protected]
I look forward to seeing you all again.
How We Can Help
General foot care
We aim to keep you moving. People of all ages are realising the benefits of taking care of their feet. General foot care can relieve discomfort, prevent reoccurring problems and save you stress and pain in the future.
- Corns and callus
- Nail care
- Ingrown toenails
- Fungal nails
- High risk & diabetic feet
Identify problems early. If you are concerned, always have your children’s feet checked by a podiatrist. Treating your child’s foot condition early on may help prevent further problems later in life.
- Nail shape & ingrown nails
- Foot, leg, joint & growing pains
- Flat feet
Foot Pain, Gait Problems, Sports Injuries
We aim to keep you moving, healthy feet happy body. So often, joint pains and injuries further up the body can be associated with poor foot posture (flat feet, pronation, high arches). Our feet are, after-all the foundation of our body. Podiatrists understand the causes of soft tissue and joint stress and can treat a variety of issues to get you back on track and keep you moving and mobile.
- Flat feet, fallen arches, high arched feet
- Tired aching feet and legs
- Heel pain (including plantar fasciitis and achilles tendinopathy)
- Ankle pain (sprained ankles)
- Forefoot pain (mortons neuroma, bunion pain, joint pain)
- Knee pain
- Shin & leg pain
Designed by Jenney Klose
Click here to read more about ‘reach-your-feet’ file, or click the video link to see it in action.